Joseph Lionel Bannerman – Notary Public
Before joining Australian Notary Services as a Notary Public in January 2015, Joseph worked for 6 years in Dubai, United Arab Emirates as In-house Legal Counsel in the corporate head offices of, a multinational sea port operator and a multinational telco.
During his time as In-house Counsel, Joseph was involved in many projects where document notarisation, authentication and legalisation was required. Such projects involved multi-million dollar mergers, acquisitions and divestments. Joseph was responsible for drafting authorisation documents such as powers of attorney, proxies, board resolutions etc, authorising the execution of transaction documents. Joseph was additionally responsible for ensuring documents associated with these complicated transactions were fully legalised for use in different jurisdictions.
This experience has given Joseph an in-depth understanding in drafting complex authorisation documents and document legalisation for use in many different jurisdictions.
Additionally, as part of his duties as In-house Legal Counsel and also in a personal capacity, Joseph had to deal directly with the:
- Dubai Notary Public
- Department of Justice in Dubai
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dubai and
- Australian Consulate in Dubai.
This experience has given Joseph an excellent understanding of the requirements of document notarisation, authentication and attestation for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- Appointed as a Public Notary of New South Wales
- Master of Laws, Australian National University
- Admitted as a lawyer of the New South Wales Supreme Court
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University
- Bachelor of Law, University of Western Sydney
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology), Macquarie University